Please disable your adblock and script blockers to view this page
Simple Vanilla Hackintosh Installation Guide
This is a manual restore method of making USB installer and Vanilla installation media creator of OS X 10.9 Maverick which highly recommended to Advanced Hackintosh
user any new Hackintosh user must see my other post where i posted a simple guide
Creating the installer
1.Format your USB Flash Drive as GUID / MBR partition map with a HFS+ partition.
2. Mount your Mavericks 10.9 DMG (Right click on “Install OS X 10.9 Developer Preview”
then its in /Contents/Shared Support/InstallESD.dmg)
3. Mount BaseSystem.dmg by this terminal commands
open /Volumes/OS X Install ESD/BaseSystem.dmg
4. Restore “OS X Base System” to your USB Flash Drive
5. Navigate to /System/Installation your USB drive Delete the “Packages” link
then copy the Packages folder from “OS X Install ESD” to this location.
6. Copy mach_kernel from BaseSystem.dmg to USB
7. Copy essential kexts to /USB/Extra/Extensions/ on your USB stick.
8. Install chameleon to the USB.
8. Install chameleon to the USB drive
9. Create the extra folder for the USB
10. Copy your smbios and OCBP & kexts to your USB stick and install it
If can’t boot without GraphicsEnabler=Yes then
Add this following kext to system/Library/Extensions after installing OS X Mavericks
For that you need to boot from USB Installer and open terminal
and type this
cp –R /System/Library/Extensions/NullCPUPowerManagement.kext /Volumes/”OS X”/System/Library/Extensions/
cp –R /System/Library/Extensions/FakeSMC.kext /Volumes/”OS X”/System/Library/Extensions/
Or you can use MAC Drive if you have it then
Once you Successfully get the Desktop Install chameleon boot loader
Copy your Extra folder on you mac drive